Must ... Stay ... Connected ....

Today is day 5 of my week long vacation from work, and I am embarrassed to say that I have been simply unable to stay disconnected.


First, I was originally scheduled to take off the following:


8/23 - 8/24 (Thursday - Friday)

and

8/27 - 8/31 (Monday - Friday)


Due to my inability to tie up the loose ends I decided to work from home on 8/23 - 8/24 ... proceeding to call in to no less than 5 meetings and honestly working from 6:30am - 4:00pm (when I had to disconnect from the laptop to cook dinner - something I occasionally do).


Vacation now:


8/27 - 8/31 (Monday - Friday) ... still decent.


In my preperation for my two days working from home I forwarded my desk phone to my cell, and I gave my office key to a coworker ... so ... my calls this entire week have been forwarding to my cell ... some I let slide to voicemail, but some cannot go unanswered (or so my whacked my says).


In addition, I took on a project in one of those work from home meetings that I need to report out on my first day back ... not to mention that I have accepted four more meetings on my first day back, leaving me no prep time. (if I was actively applying the principles of "Take Back Your Life" I would NOT have let this happen.


So, now I

0 comments: