Ignoring the Fact that It has Been Months .......

... and picking up where I left off =P

Well, maybe not exactly where I left off because things have changed for me a ton in the last few months - but of course one thing has stayed the same .... SharePoint! WOOT!!!

In fact, this week I have been sucking down the MS SharePoint kool-aid with a big fatty straw @ the SharePoint Conference 2008 in Seattle, WA. I am reserving most of my blog genius for my internal presence @ my company since I am here for them ... and my notes were taken specifically with our SP program in mind. Over the next few weeks as I really get my head around what I have learned this week (and let me tell yah - it has been a lot) I will probably translate that into posts here ... but in the immediate timeframe I think general impressions are in order.

First - while I like to think my company is special in our need to accomodate untold amounts of browsers and *nix cocktails ... and the fact that we are a mostly Office2003 environment (with some super cool trailblazers like me who enjoy all the SP/Office intergration-ee goodness) ... I found that in fact, we aren't special at all. In fact, a huge contingent of conference attendees are dealing with the same issues and looking for the same kinds of solutions. Accessability, portability, integration ... all very strong themes that not only resonated from the attendee's mouths but were clearly a pount of focus for MS as well. That, my friends, is great to see.

Second - well, second - I am totally saturated. To' up from the Flo' up. During the last session (on migrating data into SP from external systems) I could literally feel the muscles in my toes starting to spasm and my brain nodes clicking off one by one. The information and resources from that session and the billion others I attended (because I did not waste a single time slot - I am milking this opportunity for every last drop) have been invaluable - but my brain, while I admit is extra spong-ee because I just love love love to fill it with stuff, is still just a human brain. And my body frankly wasn't prepared for the physical toll folding yourself into a tiny chair then dashing from room to room or wireless hotspot to wireless hotspot can take.

Wow, this post was pretty whiny ... nice way to start back! Promise the next one will be full of inspiring and thoughtful blog-wisdoms. boo to the yah.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.