Progressive myRate Program ...

So when I bought my new car I signed up for new car insurance - at the time I gathered quotes from a few different companies and settled on Progressive. One of the reasons I made that decision (apart from the slightly lower rate) was their website, another reason was their cutesy commercials, and lastly - their TripSense (now myRate) program. Basically, you sign up for the discount with your policy - plug this little device they mail you in to your car's computer - and start raking in the discounts (provided you have good driving habits). Okay, the discount was appealing (starts off @ 5% and based on my driving so far will build to 10% at next renewal) - but also the ability to be able to log on to a website and view all the details of my trips. I get that that's weird ... it's a little big brother ... but I can actually compare myself to the "avg myRate user". Here is a screenshot, as you can see I drive a lot less (and better!) than the norm. A+ me =)


... I guess had the results been different I might not be singing praises ... but whatevs.

Progressive myRate Program Blog

1 comments:

philadelphia car insurance said...

Absolutely cool! But you should check it pros and cons too. Sharing you a link: http://blog.creditkarma.com/personal-finance/car/review-progressive-snapshot-discount-rewards-you-for-driving-less-and-braking-softer/