I want to thank the academy ... all the little people ... etc etc etc

So yah, I have not posted in awhile ... what a surprise! =P I won't waste pixels on explaining how busy I've been and how I promise to be more consistent and on and on. I will just say this ... for the first time in a long time I actually have something to post about. That's right, I have something worth reporting on for a change (other than my Tweetstats, which I realize are pretty fascinating).

What, you ask? omg - thank's so much for inquiring further! (yes, I have developed a second personality in the past few months, one who laughs at my jokes and I can have meaning dialogue with - so there). But I digress.

So yes, earlier this week, on a day that professionally turned out to be a bit painful (worked for 24 hours straight!) I received in my inbox a message that I have perhaps been waiting for all of my life. The kind that you skim once, then reread slowly, then reread again skipping every other line, then read one last time from the bottom up ... just to make sure it's for real.


Yes, lovelies - your Angi has *finally* been recognized by the mothership. A couple of months earlier I had filled out the application form for the Office 2010 technical beta ... taking special care to point out the fact that I am a professional Office component evangelist (SharePoint Admin ;p) ... and that I would be talking about my experiences and giving lots of feedback ... and so on. So, when I received the email inviting me into the program I was ... well ... I admit it, overcome. I immediately told my work friends, and posted to my FB ... and made my pc inoperable for an hour while I installed my first pass at the available downloads.

So, as I type, I am smiling lovingly at Outlook 2010 (sadly, due to an insane week, I've not had a chance to do much more than type in stsadm commands and answer email). But again, I babble. The point of this heralding blog post is this ... I have something to frickin talk about for a change. And so I will. (also, we are allowed to - which I was waiting to get thumbs up on ... not willing to risk having my beautiful prize yanked away from me).

0 comments: