Waking Up ... Figuratively, Metaphorically, Literally ...

**stretches and yawns ... no sings at the top of her lungs**

This is off topic, totes - completely - embarassingly - overwhelmingly - off topic ... but you know what, I care not an iota @ this moment. I want to introduce ya'll to somebody - and I am going to try to keep this pretty short to prevent myself from falling into one of those crazy angi SAT-word blackholes.

Hello World, my name is Angi Rankin ... I am ambitious, I love talking smack and giving stink eye, I think Paris Hilton has (... wait for it ...) noteworthy social and (dare I say) political significance ... and yes, I read her damn book. I have a dang RSS feed from www.perezhilton.com as well as from Micheal Ganotti's SharePoint blog, and from freakin www.lindenlifestyles.com (for all you noobs - yes that is a Second Life reference). I Google myself about monthly and take pride in the fact that I get a bunch of results.

It does not weird me out that @ this point there is maybe a 2-degree seperation between me and anyone else who decides to Google me. hmmm ... I stopped putting on airs about 4 years ago and I never plan on re-adopting them. I say things like Outtie 5000g (way before Juno was released) and shoot, if I am tipsy enough I will not hesitate to pour out a little liquor for my fallen homies. And YES - I say homies and I have lost some too ... not to street violence, but to WP drugs like meth and cocaine. Oh, also to drunk driving ... and my friend was the one driving so please don't start feeling all sad and sentimental and stuff - because I am not.

I don't like to be touched - and it weirds me out when ppl hug in the workplace (I mean, what is that all about???) ... however, there are ppl I have met at work who amaze me - really inspire me ... and sometimes I wish I knew how to tell them that. When I try, I sound like I am making fun of them or myself or the situation ... and my nose gets weird and itchy like at any minute I might burst into tears. (which I hate - despite what my Mom insists, tears are not a sign of strength - they make me look pathetic, and my eyes get all read like a dope head)

I have spent the last 6 months asleep at the wheel, and as I open my eyes I see that I have created a mess that is going to take work to clean up. Shoot, I don't even know if it can be cleaned up ... take a lesson from me, folks - being non-present is just (if not more) detrimental to being all angry and aggresive. The act of NOT doing something, anything, is a slow and painful death - for you and for anyone who cares about you. Of course, you might be in a state where you don't care or can't accept that ppl care about you - but shoot, suck it up lil soldier.

Okay, enough Monday morning crazy personal revelation rant. I will somehow attempt to tie this post to some actual on-topic stuff, laters ... after I pick out something to wear that ISN'T the blue hoodie I have favored for the last stretch. =P

boo to the yah.

0 comments: